Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Few More Months

This week marks our 5th month of pregnancy.
Needless to say, as every week goes by we get more excited.
Next Friday will be our first ultrasound and we will finally get to see our little worm growing inside of me. I know I will shed a tear or two. It will be fun!

It is amazing how long the waiting is. All the excitment and expectations.
I always find myself day dreamimg of how I will raise this little one. All the fun that we will have together. All the nights of waking up every few hours. All my cranky moments for lack of sleep. All the joy in spite of my crankiness that will fill me just when I see his/her face.

That is so us humans though. We make plans of our own. We try to predict or design our own future. We get caught in the moment of day dreaming. And we forget for one second that we are not from this world. We do not belong here. And our future (or our family's) is not in our hands but God's.

I don't think planning and dreamimng is wrong at all. God gave us feelings and desires and dreams. It is wise to plan ahead and be organized. Yet, how dangerous all that can become if we forget our first calling as Christians. How dangerous that can become if we try to hold on to what we want rather than what God wants for us.

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans for a hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11

God dreams and desires are and will always be better than ours. He will always know what is best for us. He will always know what we need. Sometimes it may not be what we wanted at all. Sometimes it may be very different from what we dreamt of. Sometimes He will allow hurtful things to happen, in order to accomplish a better and far more divine purpose. But remember, his plans are always "to prosper you and not to harm you."

During those few seconds of day dreaming that I have, I pray and hope that this verse will always come to my mind. I pray and hope that it will stay there until I finish designing my dream and give it over to the Lord. In the hopes that HE will give me HIS dream for my life and future in exchange.

For a few more months until baby comes I know this will be my challenge. I will need to be reminded to give away to God every thought, every idea, every dream, ever expectation. In hope and prayer that HE will replace them with His in me.

"Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not unto your own understand but in all your ways submit to Him and He will make your path straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

That is a promise. I shall trust Him. Particularly for a few more months. My dream baby (and all that is involved) is yours Lord. Exchange my dream with yours for I know yours is always best.



No comments:

Post a Comment