Tuesday, February 22, 2011

WAWA

I don't know if I have ever mentioned WAWA here before, so here it goes.


Women Ask, Women Answer. WAWA. It was born from the idea of a book with that name. I thought it was a good idea to have a group/organization that is not too formal but still gives women the opportunity to ask questions about anything, to share their concerns, doubts, or even disagreement with what the bible says and on the other side, us as Christians to be able to sit down and listen to what they have to say and just try to share our faith without judgment or commdenations.

I believe that a bumper sticker conversation is not fair enough for any side. It can be misinterpreted, misguided, and actually cause more harm than help. SO, that is why WAWA exists. It is a time and place to actually have a conversation and truly show God's love to others. The latter may just be manifested by being a good listener sometimes.

Since I am not a theologist this is not a place where ALL our doubts will find their answer inmediately, but the point of wawa is to be fair to one another, to give counsel to those who seek it, to be friends and support each other, and more than anything, to offer a different face of christianity. I know that many people have the wrong impression, are confused or simply ignore a lot of things about christianity. It is my  heart's desire that I will be given a chance to inform, clear doubts or show Jesus' love and not my human judgment.

As the title indicates this group's focus is on women. From woman to woman. I thought this would be a great idea. Not to discriminate men, but we are all different, and not every body feels comfortable talking about about certain issues in the presence of the opposite sex. Another reason, maybe the strongest, is simply because I am a woman. I am not a pastor, I am not even a graduate either. I am a housewife. I am from a different culture and my heart is drawn to care for other women. I think that as a married woman I am also called to be careful when it comes to the opposite sex. I believe it is wise to avoid intimacy (like talking about our feelings) with men. Not that I exclude it completely, but there is always a fine line of relationshio misinterpretation. I just want to be careful. So men, please do not feel like I don't like you! most of my friends are men and I love them, but I am just trying to guard our hearts and the viewers minds as well. You never know when someone will get the wrong idea about your relationships.

Anyway, so that is it! please feel free to visit our website : http://www.wawawomen.viviti.com/
feel free to also comment on this blog. I'd love to tell you more about  wawa and any other questions, doubts, or concerns you may have.

with love,

Flop.

No comments:

Post a Comment