Thursday, February 24, 2011

Your Bridegroom.

This is something I shared with a friend the other day and then I thought it could apply to all of us so I decided to share it here. May the Lord speak to your heart.

God definitely has a plan in mind for you. We were just talking at small group yesterday about how easy it is to praise God when he gives us what we want, but how hard it is to praise him when he gives us exactly the opposite of what we want. We also talked about how easy it is to praise the god of this, the god of that, but most often than should we forget to simply praise the THE GOD. For who he is and not for what He is capable of.

The Lord has his own mysterious, funny and sometimes crazy ways to get our attention. I love it when He does that to me, specially when my relationship with him is going great, because it is then when I tend to miss out on amazing things that He does or simply on who He really is. I don't know if that ever happens to you. Sometimes I just get caught up in the joy or the blessing and I forget the source. He is definitely a true bridegroom and stands still for a while while we walk down the isle, so happy our dress looks great, and the flowers in the altar are beautiful and we forget to look in the eyes of our bridegroom, to notice him and the joy in his eyes of knowing that we are getting closer to him! Then when we get to the altar we finally remember "Oh yeah! I was supposed to be looking at my groom because he was looking at me all the time!" Anyway, I just think that's a neat picture of the Lord waiting for us, enjoying every second and longing to take our hand in holy matrimony!!

I don't know why that picture came to mind, but I know the Lord will provide for you, whatever your need is.

with love,
Flor.

No comments:

Post a Comment