Saturday, September 17, 2011

Update

It has been a month since Jon started Med school.
Like most transitions it was not easy at the beginning. However, now things are starting to take shape
and life is not as miserable! ha! Changes are always hard, but we have made it this far.
He has been able to make a few friends. They are really nice and although from different backgrounds, they have some things in common - besides medical school. Only one of them is married with Children. His kids are adorable. We all went out for dinner last night. It was fun to see them all at the same time and hang out. Although it was mostly the guys talking about med-school, I think we all had a good time. It was just nice to not have them locked in studying all day.

As for me, I am in a bible study at church with the women's ministry on Tuesdays. Jon will come with me on Sundays to the small groups. Hopefully I will make some friends there. It is still hard to make friends. I am glad I have Lani as one, however the fact that she has two wonderful boys and home-schools them takes most of her time. Therefore, I am alone. Sometimes I think I ask for too much in a friend. It is just too difficult for me to actually feel someone is my friend. I hate shallow relationships. It may be cultural, it may be my personality. Nevertheless, I am not as discouraged as before. I have come to understand that God wants me to learn to make Him my best friend before he gives me an earthly best friend. He has given me some in the past...however, the distance and lack of mutual interest on making the friendship a lasting and real one has gotten in the way many times. It is my prayer that my heart will only rely on Jesus and make Him my joy, refuge, my accountability partner, my best friend.

I have also started as a volunteer tutor at the High school. The first day my student did not show up. HA! not really surprised. But I am hopeful for next time. I am excited about this. I will be able to pray for my student and develop a relationship. I know the Lord has me in Middleton for a reason I can't work yet, but I can volunteer like crazy! ha. I have lots of time to pray and develop relationships in which I can shine the light of Jesus. I believe God will use this time to shape me and bless people around me. Here I am. Available. And even when I am busy, I am always available.

This Sunday is Jon's white coat ceremony. Official start for first year medical students. Exciting! :) His parents will come. It will be an emotional day. I am so proud of my husband. God will use him (he is using him already with all his friends) in mighty ways!

Well, that's it for now. I am using Jon's computer. Mine died. That's why I can't write as often :( Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

F.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment